Pendleton County Preschool is available at no cost for eligible children.
Guidelines for eligibility include:
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify based on federal
income guidelines (160% of poverty level). This is determined by the number of household members and their combined income.
Preschool eligibility for children who are 3 years old is based on developmental needs determined by assessments provided by the district.
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may also qualify based on developmental needs regardless of family income level.
- Three and four year old children.
- Children who will be 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify under the federal income guidelines with or without a developmental delay.
- Children who turn 4 after 8/1/2017 will be considered 3 year olds for the 2017-2018 school year and may qualify with a developmental delay.
- Eligibility determination for state funded preschool
- Household income and/or developmental needs are considered
CALL PCS Preschool Dept. at 654-6911 (choose option 3) to learn more about our program and to make an appointment.
Along with your child, bring the following documents to the screening:
- state birth certificate
- social security card (optional)
- proof of residence in Pendleton Co. - such as driver's license, utility bill, lease agreement
- current immunization certificate with an expiration date
- For a child who will be 4 on or before August 1, 2017, please bring proof of income.
- To help you prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond.
- To identify and serve those who have a developmental delay in one or more of the following areas: MOTOR, COGNITIVE, LANGUAGE, SOCIAL OR SELF HELP SKILLS.
- The preschool screening will indicate whether or not your child is meeting developmental milestones in these areas.
- Our goal is to equip our youngest learners with the knowledge and skills necessary for kindergarten readiness.