The LAST Preschool Screenings before the 2016-2017 school year will be held during the last week of July. Call now for an appointment and more information.
Pendleton County Preschool is available at no cost for eligible children.
Guidelines for eligibility include:
Children who are 4 years old by August 1st may qualify based on federal
income guidelines (160% of poverty level). This is determined by the number of household members and their combined income or if a household member receives SNAP benefits.
Preschool eligibility for children who are 3 years old is based on developmental needs determined by assessments provided by the district.
Children who are 4 years old by August 1st may also qualify based on developmental
needs regardless of income.
- Three and four year old children.
- Children who will be 4 years old by August 1st may qualify under federal income guidelines or with a developmental delay.
- Children who turn 4 after 8/1/2016 will be considered 3 year olds for the 2016-2017 school year and may qualify with a developmental delay.
- Eligibility determination for state funded preschool
- Household income and/or developmental needs are considered
MONDAY, JULY 25, 2016
WEDNESDAY , JULY 27, 2016
CALL PCS Preschool Dept. at 654-6911 (choose option 3) to make an appointment and learn more about our program.
Along with your child, bring the following documents to the screening:
- state birth certificate
- social security card (optional)
- proof of residence in Pendleton Co. - such as driver's license, utility bill, lease agreement
- current immunization certificate with an expiration date
- For a child who will be 4 by August 1, 2016, please bring proof of income, SNAP or KTAP benefits.
- To help you prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond.
- To identify and serve those who have a developmental delay in one or more of the following areas: MOTOR, COGNITIVE, LANGUAGE, SOCIAL OR SELF HELP SKILLS.
- The preschool screening will indicate whether or not your child is meeting developmental milestones in these areas.
- Our goal is to make sure our youngest learners are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary for kindergarten readiness.