We have added another screening day to the schedule. We will screen children who live in both Southern and Northern areas AT Southern Elementary on Wednesday, August 2nd. Please call for an appointment and more information.
Pendleton County Preschool is available at no cost for eligible children.
Guidelines for eligibility include:
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify based on federal
income guidelines (160% of poverty level). This is determined by the number of household members and their combined income.
Preschool eligibility for children who are 3 years old is based on developmental needs determined by assessments provided by the district.
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may also qualify based on developmental needs regardless of family income level.
- Three and four year old children.
- Children who will be 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify under the federal income guidelines with or without a developmental delay.
- Children who turn 4 after 8/1/2017 will be considered 3 year olds for the 2017-2018 school year and may qualify with a developmental delay.
- Eligibility determination for state funded preschool
- Household income and/or developmental needs are considered
Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - Northern Elementary
Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - Southern Elementary
CALL PCS Preschool Dept. at 654-6911 (choose option 3) to learn more about our program and to make an appointment.
Along with your child, bring the following documents to the screening:
- state birth certificate
- social security card (optional)
- proof of residence in Pendleton Co. - such as driver's license, utility bill, lease agreement
- current immunization certificate with an expiration date
- For a child who will be 4 on or before August 1, 2017, please bring proof of income.
- To help you prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond.
- To identify and serve those who have a developmental delay in one or more of the following areas: MOTOR, COGNITIVE, LANGUAGE, SOCIAL OR SELF HELP SKILLS.
- The preschool screening will indicate whether or not your child is meeting developmental milestones in these areas.
- Our goal is to make sure our youngest learners are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary for kindergarten readiness.