MATH RESOURCE CLASS SYLLABUS
Mrs. Jenna O’Hara
Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,
Welcome to a new school year! Students and parents are often anxious about the beginning of school and especially math! All students can be successful in our classroom. Here is information to help you get started on the path to success in our Math class:
- NO INK PENS! In math, we will make mistakes and erase. Please have lots of pencils because work completed in ink will not be accepted.
- MATH EVERY DAY! We will have time in class every day to work on assignments and most should be finished within the class period. If the work is not completed in class, it will be the student’s responsibility to complete the work PRIOR to the beginning of the next class period. Students will be given partial credit for partial completion of an assignment. Absences will have the allowed number of days to complete assignments.
- MATH NOTEBOOKS – Students will keep a binder with all notes, examples, assignments, and assessments. This will be used daily to keep track of everything in class and I will keep them in a bin. This is also a great way to keep all the quizzes and tests throughout the year to study for the placement test.
- NO CELL PHONES! Phones will not be permitted for use in class. Devices should be put away and silent. Please see the school Code of Conduct regarding this issue.
- GRADING SYSTEM: Daily Assignments: 30% Participation: 30% Quizzes and Tests: 40%
- AAA batteries
- 1 binder labeled Resource Math
- Lysol/Clorox wipes and tissues are not required but appreciated.
Students are expected to do their absolute best on every challenge, every day! They are to be an active participant in class. They are to take notes, complete all assignments, study for quizzes and tests, and stay organized using their binder. If they do these things, we will have a great year!
Parents, if you have any questions, please feel free to call me at school at 472-7000, extension 5261 or email me at email@example.com. I’m looking forward to a great year in our Math Resource class!
(Detach and return by Friday, August 12, 2016 for the first homework grade!)
Student’s Name:______________________________________ Class period _________
Parent Name:___________________________ Parent Name:______________________
Email/phone or best possible way of communicating during the school day:
Email/phone or best possible way of communicating during the evening:
Is there anything you would like for me to know about your student? ___________________________________________________________________________
I have read and understand the expectations for the class. Parents, signing below indicates that you have reviewed the information and expectations provided here.
Student Signature, Date
Parent/Guardian Signature, Date