6th Grade Language Arts
TEACHER: Carissa Lloyd ROOM #: 264 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLASSROOM PROCEDURES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- All students must be lined up at the door when the bell rings, or they will be counted tardy. Four tardies in one quarter is a referral.
- Upon entering the classroom, you are to sit in your seat. Students are allowed to choose their seats, but will be moved if disruptive to themselves or other students.
- During class your active engagement is important to your success.
- Electronic devices will be used only with my permission during instruction and students must have your BYOD on file; otherwise they are not to be visible.
- All policies and procedures of the school’s discipline code and student handbook also apply.
All grades will be based on mastery of the Kentucky Core Academic Standards. All assignments, tests, class work, and discussion will be designed to help students master the standards for the appropriate grade level. Learning will be our goal; therefore learning will be our focus, not grades. Students will be doing self assessment on a regular basis to determine their own mastery of the standards.
The grading scale of Phillip Sharp Middle School is as follows:
The following list is what you are expected to bring with you to class every day.
- Pen or Pencil: You will always need a writing utensil.
- A folder and notebook have been provided for you that stays in the room at all times.
Attendance is very important to be successful. Therefore it is your responsibility to be in class each and every day possible. If you are absent from class, it is your responsibility to find out what the missing assignments were for you to complete. If you missed a test or quiz you will have time to make that up as soon as possible.
Academic Outline for the 2015-2016 School Year:
Unit 1: Stories of Change
Unit 2: The Power of Change
Unit 3: Changing Perspectives
Unit 4: The Final Act
Parents and students please sign the following page indicating you have read this syllabus. Thank you.
I have read and agree to comply with what is expected of me this year in Mrs. Baker’s language arts class.
Parent / Guardian
I have read and review the course syllabus with my student.