Setting up an account in Destiny Quest will allow you to do all you can do in the regular online catalog (view titles, check for availability), renew your books, and check to see what you have out, but it will also allow you to put any titles that you would like to reserve on hold if no copies are currently available. The instructions are simple. Check it out!
- Go to http://destiny.pendleton.kyschools.us . This is the online catalog site. It should be accessible from the school or from home.
- Click on your school.
- Click on "Destiny Quest" in the sidebar at the left of your screen.
- At the top of the Destiny Quest screen, go to "Log in." You will need your Infinite Campus ID number. (If that doesn't work, see Mrs. Reid, Mrs. Herbst, or Mrs. Hisel in the library.)
- Click on the "Register" or "Create" tab in the center of the screen and enter the requested information.
- Once it allows you to create a username and password, use your school network username and password. That is much easier for everyone to remember. (Ask me. I didn't and I had to try to log in about 10 times.--Mrs. Reid)
- Once you have created, you should be able to get in without an issue. When you do get in, you may view the Top Ten books, add books to your "Want to Read" list, and such.
- HOLDING A BOOK; If you search for a book and find that all copies are out, you may place it on hold by clicking on the picture of the cover. A box will pop up that has a "HOLD IT!" icon. Click that, and your hold is placed! We will notify you when the book comes in.