LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS will soon be available on this site. Plan ahead for the “Scholarship Blitz”.
- Prepare an academic profile and scholastic resume. A sample can be found on the counseling department webpage under scholarship resources.
- Secure letters of recommendation. Many of the scholarships require 2 or 3 recommendations; so, be a step ahead and ask teachers and/or others to write letters of scholarship recommendation for you.
The letter does not have to name a specific scholarship, but should speak to your qualities of work ethic as well as involvement in school and community.
Most of these people would appreciate having a copy of your resume to reference in writing your letters.
Important Dates for the 2019 Local Scholarship Program:
- January: Scholarships will be available on-line through the high school web page January 18th.
- February 15th: Deadline for completed scholarship applications to be returned to the Guidance office. Scholarships will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. No late submissions, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- May (TBD) : Senior Scholarship & Award Night @ PCHS. If you are a recipient of a scholarship, you will be notified with an invitation to attend.
Guide to Military Scholarships for Veterans, Dependents and Spouses:
List of Military Scholarships for Veterans, Dependents and Spouses:
Successories College Scholarship
What Motivates You to Succeed?
Motivation drives us to succeed. Whether it is an internal motivation that keeps us committed to reaching our goals or an external challenge that makes us push forward beyond what we thought possible. Not all people are motivated by the same things. And not all people are motivated to accomplish the same things. Only your motivations are known to you. That is why we need you to tell us in less that 250 words, what is that X factor that keeps you determined to reach your goals.
Are you motivated to win this scholarship? Let your motivation be that catalyst to enter this scholarship for free money for school. One motivated individual in our College Scholarship will receive $1,500 to help make his/her/they education a success.
A $1,500 scholarship will be rewarded to an individual who applies online answering the essay prompt "What Motivates You?"