Pendleton County Preschool is available at no cost for eligible children.
Guidelines for eligibility include:
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify based on federal income guidelines (160% of poverty level). This is determined by the number of household members and their combined income.
Preschool eligibility for children who are 3 years old is based on developmental needs determined by assessments provided by the district.
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may also qualify based on developmental needs regardless of family income level.
- Three and four year old children.
- Children who will be 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify under the federal income guidelines with or without a developmental delay.
- Children who turn 4 after 8/1/2019 will be considered 3 year olds for the 2019-2020 school year and may qualify with a developmental delay.
- Eligibility determination for state funded preschool
- Household income and/or developmental needs are considered
SUMMER PRESCHOOL SCREENINGS FOR 2019-2020
SCREENINGS FOR NORTHERN ELEMENTARY STUDENTS WILL BE HELD AT SOUTHERN ELEMENTARY ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 31ST DUE TO THE SUMMER CLEANING SCHEDULE.
Southern Elementary screenings will be held at Southern Elementary on Friday, August 2nd.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our preschool for the next school year, please call 859-654-6911 - option 3. We will be happy to give you information about our program and schedule your child's screening appointment . Please see below for more information, including required documents.
Along with your child, bring the following documents to the screening:
- state birth certificate
- social security card (optional)
- proof of residence in Pendleton Co. - such as driver's license, utility bill, lease agreement
- current immunization certificate with an expiration date
- For a child who will be 4 on or before August 1, 2019, please bring proof of income.
- Additional documents required for preschool include a school entry physical and an eye exam performed by an eye doctor by January 1st.
Please follow the link to the right on this page to KDE health forms page to view the blank health forms.
- To help you prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond.
- To identify and serve those who have a developmental delay in one or more of the following areas: MOTOR, COGNITIVE, LANGUAGE, SOCIAL OR SELF HELP SKILLS.
- The preschool screening will indicate whether or not your child is meeting developmental milestones in these areas.
- Our goal is to equip our youngest learners with the knowledge and skills necessary for kindergarten readiness.