The flyer above is provided by the United Way. This could be a valuable resource for those who are raising extended family members.
Pendleton County Preschool is available at no cost for eligible children.
Guidelines for eligibility include:
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify based on federal income guidelines (160% of poverty level). This is determined by the number of household members and their combined income.
Preschool eligibility for children who are 3 years old is based on developmental needs determined by assessments provided by the district.
Children who are 4 years old on or before August 1st may also qualify based on developmental needs regardless of family income level.
- Three and four year old children.
- Children who will be 4 years old on or before August 1st may qualify under the federal income guidelines with or without a developmental delay.
- Children who turn 4 after 8/1/2018 will be considered 3 year olds for the 2018-2019 school year and may qualify with a developmental delay.
- Eligibility determination for state funded preschool
- Household income and/or developmental needs are considered
Spring Preschool screening dates for the 2019-2020 school year will be set once the last day of the 2018-2019 school year has been determined. It will likely be during the last week of May, but we must wait to see if mother nature has anything else in store for us.
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our preschool for the next school year, please call us at 859-654-6911 - option 3. We will be happy to take your information and call to schedule your child's screening appointment when the dates have been scheduled. Please see below for more information, including required documents.
CALL PCS Preschool Dept. at 654-6911 (choose option 3) to learn more about our program and to make an appointment.
Along with your child, bring the following documents to the screening:
- state birth certificate
- social security card (optional)
- proof of residence in Pendleton Co. - such as driver's license, utility bill, lease agreement
- current immunization certificate with an expiration date
- For a child who will be 4 on or before August 1, 2018, please bring proof of income.
- To help you prepare your child for success in kindergarten and beyond.
- To identify and serve those who have a developmental delay in one or more of the following areas: MOTOR, COGNITIVE, LANGUAGE, SOCIAL OR SELF HELP SKILLS.
- The preschool screening will indicate whether or not your child is meeting developmental milestones in these areas.
- Our goal is to equip our youngest learners with the knowledge and skills necessary for kindergarten readiness.