NOTICE OF VACANT PENDLETON COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION SEAT
The Kentucky Commissioner of Education is seeking applications to be considered for appointment to the Pendleton County Board of Education. You are invited to nominate yourself or someone you know who is qualified to serve on the Pendleton County Board of Education representing
• Educational Division # 3 of the Pendleton County School System
The vacancy was created due to the resignation of the current District # 3 Board representative.
Under the provisions of KRS 160.190(2), this appointment is effective until
• The November 2018 regular election.
This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by the Pendleton County School District.
Board members must be:
• At least 24 years old;
• A Kentucky citizen for the last three years;
• A registered voter in the district and voter precinct(s) of the vacancy. (Pendleton County – District # 3)
• Have a high school diploma or a GED certificate;
• Must be in compliance with anti-nepotism state laws;
• Cannot provide contract services for the school district.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
• Developing policy that governs the operation of schools;
• Providing visionary leadership that establishes long range plans and programs for the district;
• Hiring the district superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports;
• Setting local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.
Applications should be completed and mailed by August 10, 2018.
Interviews will be scheduled approximately 10 -20 working days after this mail date.
All qualified applications received by the date stated above will be considered.
Application forms for this position are available from:
• Pendleton County Board of Education office at 2525 Hwy 27N. Falmouth, KY 41040
• The Kentucky Department of Education 502-564-4474 or
KDE website: http://education.ky.gov.districts/legal/pages/default.aspx
All applications must be mailed directly to:
Kentucky Department of Education
Commissioner of Education
300 Sower Blvd. 5th Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Kentucky Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.